(Scottsdale, AZ) The Professional Triathletes Organization has partnered with Lennd to deliver a virtual media hub with the aim of increasing global media coverage and giving key media titles a central location from which to remotely cover the PTO 2020 Championship at CHALLENGEDAYTONA®.
When asked what problems they were looking to solve and objectives they were looking to accomplish by implementing the Lennd Virtual Media Hub platform, PTO Communications Director, Jane Hansom stated,
“With global travel restrictions limiting the attendance of on-site media due to COVID-19, we needed an effective solution to enable us to provide approved global media a way to effectively cover the PTO 2020 Championship.
We wanted to provide a virtual hub for media to cover the PTO 2020 Championship remotely, and make it as easy as possible for global media to find the assets and information needed in order to maximize coverage of our event.”
“We know how critical media and exposure are to the success of any event, season or series of events. Given the complexities COVID has presented for the world’s media and our partners, we set out to create the most engaging, dynamic and user friendly platform to facilitate and maximize coverage. As such, it's incredibly rewarding to see the response from our partners and from the media themselves” said Lennd CEO, Chris Carver.
When asked why the PTO decided to work with Lennd, Hansom said:
“We chose Lennd because they have the technology to deliver against our objectives and have successfully executed this on multiple occasions with other major events like the PGA Championship, US Open and the KPMG Women’s Championship.
By facilitating a state-of-the-art virtual media hub and providing our global media base with the tools to access comprehensive information about our event, it is our belief that this will increase global coverage, specifically from outlets who may not have travelled to the event to cover it in person” said Hansom.
“It’s especially exciting in such a tough time to have partners that see the potential of this technology to expand their reach, reduce their costs, and create a better experience for key constituents (like the media). Not to mention a partner that sees this as a state of the art way to showcase their athletes." said, Lennd Co-Founder & CEO, Chris Carver.
If you are in the media and would like to apply to cover the 2020 PTO Championship: Click Here
The following includes a list of features and functionality the PTO will be leveraging with Lennd’s Virtual Media Hub:
- Create, Customize, accept and review media applications
- Create and distribute custom approval emails (with personalization tags)
- Integrated Live stream for behind the scenes action
- Create roundtable/breakout interview sessions
- Event-wide chat and direct messages
- Distribute alerts, event details and other communication to media via email, text, or in-app posts.
- Create target alerts to specific types of media
- Showcase a dynamic interview schedule
- Create ad-hoc interviews on the fly
- Allow media hub users to subscribe to interview session reminders
- Gate content for certain media members
- Link to external resources (transcripts, interview recordings, photos, video, leaderboards, merchandise, etc.)
- Embed and curate a social feed
- Provide live support and interview requests
- Create dedicated pages to showcase athletes & bios, key resources & contacts, etc
- Fully customizable with your branding, colors, copy, etc
- Automatically creates a contacts database (CRM) for you.
- Responsive to all devices
- Coming Soon: Administer real-time polls for feedback
- And More...
For two detailed Case Studies and a deep dive into the available functionality, click here:
US Open & PGA Championship
PROFESSIONAL TRIATHLETES ORGANIZATION
The Professional Triathletes Organization (PTO) is a not-for-profit entity that supports the body of professional triathletes and seeks to showcase the passion, talents, determination, struggles and achievements of the dedicated professionals who strive to realize the highest levels of the sport and inspire all those who participate in triathlon, from the seasoned age grouper to the newbie.
The PTO allows professional triathletes to follow the path of other professional athletes like tennis and golf where the professionals took on the responsibility to nurture and grow their sport, alongside other stakeholders. www.protriathletes.org
Lennd is a next generation event management platform that simplifies operations and logistics so event teams can work smarter, move faster, and improve their ROI.
Lennd's virtual media hub allows events of all sizes to offer a dynamic and engaging platform for media and any key constituent to immerse themselves into the event so they can efficiently cover the event virtually from around the globe.