(San Diego, CA) San Diego Running Company has partnered with Lennd as part of an initiative to streamline their vendor booth sales and operations for their full portfolio of races and events.
Like most running event organizations, San Diego Running Company produces a post race expo (Vendor Village). As a result, the SDRC staff actively sells booth space to vendors and sponsors who want to engage with the local running community.
When asked why they chose Lennd? San Diego Running Co. CEO, Eric Marenburg said:
We chose Lennd for a number of reasons:
- Our sales lead can now control the entire process end to end to ensure vendors are confirmed and payments are received.
- We are now able to manage all vendor related payments in one location, which helps track payments cleanly.
- We now receive all our vendor payments in advance of each event. Something that almost never happened.
- It’s a very seamless process for vendors to easily accept their contract and send payment.
- The Lennd platform automatically tracks our vendors and sponsors across all of our events. Since we have a lot of returning vendors, Lennd is basically a simple CRM to manage our vendor details and relationships.
- As a growing company, we think it’s incredibly important to invest in systems like Lennd. The Lennd platform will help us stay organized, operate more efficiently and as we increase our vendor sales, Lennd helps improve our cash flow by receiving payments faster.
"It is extremely validating to hear how helpful our system can be for an organization like the San Diego Running Company. Although we work with some of the largest events around the world, it's really exciting to see forward thinking event teams of all sizes having success with the platform", said Lennd CEO, Chris Carver.
When asked how they previously managed their vendor village sales, Marenburg, said:
"Before Lennd, we tracked vendor sales and payments in a Google spreadsheet. Our sales lead was bottlenecked by our bookkeeper to produce the invoice in quickbooks to send to our vendors in order to request payment. Additionally, we took nearly all payments via check, with payment often received well after the event. The biggest challenge was staying organized on our vendor payments and receiving full payment before the event. We sometimes went months after the event tracking down payments from vendors, thereby risking a vendor never paying at all" said, Marenburg.
“Considering we released the booth & sponsor sales module to select partners, it’s incredible to hear such a positive response. We also think it will be extremely powerful for our partners to have a sales tool that is integrated with our vendor management and procurement system. So when a booth or sponsor order is processed, all of the items that come with that order (i.e. tables, chairs, power, passes, meals, etc.) automatically are itemized for the operations team.” said Carver.
Click Here for more info on Lennd's Vendor, Exhibitor and Sponsor Sales & Operations Tools
SAN DIEGO RUNNING CO
San Diego Running Co. is an experience company dedicated to bringing the San Diego community together through unique, memorable running events that tell a story and empower people to get out and enjoy new experiences. San Diego Running Co. is responsible for the creation and management of dozens and events in San Diego including: www.sandiegorunningco.com
- America's Finest Corporate Dash
- Pacific Beachfest 5K
- San Diego Santa Run
- San Diego Leprechaun Run
- Balboa Park 8 Miler
- Road Runner Sports Craft Classic San Diego - Half Marathon & 5K
- Thanksgiving Day Thank You Run
- UC San Diego Triton 5K
- Fighting Parkinson's Step-by-Step 5K
- San Diego 9/11 Memorial Stair Climb
- U.S. Olympic Team Trials - 50K Race Walk
Lennd is a next generation event and vendor management platform that simplifies operations, so event teams can work smarter, improve their communication, reduce their costs and improve the overall event experience for everyone involved.
Trusted by some of the top live event organizations around the world, Lennd is automating the still manual systems that cause the event production process to be expensive, hard to replicate, chaotic and inefficient.
To learn why some of the most respected event teams trust Lennd to power their event operations or sign up for a demo: www.lennd.com
Co-Founder & CEO